Greetings. I hope this post finds you well. I can’t believe we are already in February and Love Day is almost here. Last year we celebrated Valentine’s Day by seeing Johnny Gill at the “Lovers and Friends” concert. This year our celebration will look a lot different. If you haven’t already read my “Guide to Valentine’s Day at Home” you should check it out.
Today I’m sharing an easy Valentine’s treat that works for all ages. I myself love poptarts and haven’t had them in years. I had some leftover pre-made dough from the holidays and instead of letting it go to waste I decided to make some “Love Is in the Air” pop tarts.
Let’s get started. Gather all your ingredients and be sure to let the pie crust(s) sit out for at least 15 minute prior to handling to avoid breaking and cracking.
Roll out the pie crust and cut out hearts with the cookie cutter. (This will work for any design cookie cutter)
Place 1 teaspoon of jelly on every other heart.
Place a heart on top of the strawberry hearts and press edges together with a fork.
Lightly spray each heart with cooking spray. Place in air fryer for 5-9 minutes on 375 degrees. Watch closely.
Remove from the air fryer and top with icing. Add sprinkles.
Add sprinkles and they are ready.
How adorable is this quick and easy recipe? Almost too cute to eat-NOT! As always if you try the recipe please leave me a comment. Again thank you for your continued support. It means the world to me. Be Well-Omniley
Valentine Air Fryer Poptart
- Heart cookie cutter
- 2 9" Pie Crust pre-made
- 1/4 c Strawberry Jam sugar-free, or jelly
- 7 oz icing cookie
- cooking spray
- Roll out the pie crust and cut out hearts with the cookie cutter.
- Place 1 Teaspoon of strawberry jam/jelly on every other heart.
- Place a heart on top of the strawberry hearts & press edges together with a fork.
- Lightly spray each heart with cooking spray.
- Place in air fryer for 5-8 minutes on 375°. These fry really quick so keep an eye on them!
- Remove from air fryer and cover in icing.
- Sprinkle away!
- Serve & enjoy!