What could be better than Honey Baked Ham? Well, some say there is no substitute for HoneyBaked ham, but this pineapple brown sugar ham recipe will leave you more than satisfied.
If you want to prepare an amazing and unforgettable holiday dish that is fast, easy, and sooooo delicious, this pineapple brown sugar ham is definitely a recipe you need. I am sure you will love it!
This pineapple brown sugar ham will be gone before you know it!
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, and I usually cook it at least once a year, for either Thanksgiving or Christmas.
WHAT’S THE TRICK TO THIS HONEY-BAKED HAM DUPE???
What’s the trick, or what makes this recipe different? A brown paper bag! It’s true! The bag not only helps with flavoring it also pulls the extra sodium out of the ham, so you don’t have a “salty pig.”
Where do you get a brown bag? Most of your grocery stores always ask “paper or plastic” right? just ask the cashier for an extra unused bag!
The brown sugar and pineapple juices caramelize on the outside of the ham, creating a delicious crispy crust. This is one of those super easy recipes that are so good you’ll want to make it again and again. The ham will be tender and juicy, and it has a delicious brown sugar crust on the outside. You can serve this with pineapple rings or slices, but I like to serve it with some pineapple sauce for extra flavor.
This is a great recipe to make if you’re hosting a large crowd at your home, especially for the holidays. It’s easy to make and has very few ingredients. I would recommend using a spiral-cut ham, but you can use any kind of ham that you like.
Ahh, the classic holiday ham. A delicious addition to your family’s Thanksgiving or Christmas meal.
Be sure to tag us #belleomniley if you make this dish or leave us a comment! Be well-Omniley
This pairs well with our CORNBREAD DRESSING! CHECK IT OUT.Print
Pineapple Brown Sugar Ham | Better Than Honey Baked Ham
- Total Time: 5 minutes
Save yourself some money during the holidays by making your own Honey Baked Ham recipe at home! Juicy ham with a sugary crust that’s to die for!
1 can of pineapple slices
1/2 c brown sugar
brown paper bag
- Place oven rack in the lowest position and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the ham inside the paper bag; make sure the bag is not touching any paper in the oven.
- Place ham in a roasting pan or you can use a disposal roasting pan but place it on a cookie sheet.
- Mix together the brown sugar and juice for the pineapples. You can reserve the pineapples for later
- Roll the opening of the bag down, then press the bag around the ham and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes per pound; when one hour is left of cooking. Pour half of the brown sugar and pineapple juice mixture over the ham.
- Once cooking time is complete; remove the ham from the bag, pour the remaining glaze over the ham and let it sit in the oven for 10 minutes or until ready to serve if within 20 minutes.
- Garnish with leftover pineapples and cherries.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Meats
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 3 oz
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 14.5 g
- Sodium: 649.8 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.3 g
- Protein: 20.8 g
- Cholesterol: 55.3 mg
Keywords: brown paper bag ham, paper bag ham, baked ham, honey baked ham