Belle's Lazy Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Instant Pot Pulled Pork...great for sandwiches and baked potatoes. Enjoy and Be Blessed!
Servings: 12 people
- Pressure Cooker Instant Pot
- 5-7 lb pork butt roast bone-in or bonesless
- 1 C chicken broth
- 1/4 C light brown sugar
- Magic Rub recipe below
- 1 C orange juice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 C BBQ sauce
Magic Rub Recipe
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Trim fat from pork roast and cut into 4 same size chunks.
- Season pork roast chunks well with Magic Rub.
- Add 2 tbs olive oil to Instant Pot and set to saute. Once it indicates hot, add 2 pieces of the pork. Sear on each side for about 2 minutes each. Remove pork and set aside on a plate. Repeat with remaining pork pieces.
- Once the pork is seared and removed from the pot, press cancel and add, chicken broth, orange juice, and brown sugar to the pot. Use a wooden spoon and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Make sure to scrape up all the bits. Then add Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke.
- Place pork chunks directly into the liquid in the pot, spacing out as best possible. Secure lid and make sure the vent is set to sealing. Pressure cook/manual on high pressure for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Then let the pressure release naturally until pin drops.
- Remove pork and place in a large bowl and shred with 2 forks. Hold reserve juices for later.
- Place shredded pork back in the pot add your favorite BBQ sauce, some reserved juice, and cook for 20 more minutes.
- Serve it up! We love coleslaw or Homemade French Fries with ours.