Hey y’all, welcome back to my blog! Today I’m going to show you how to set a simple and elegant Juneteenth tablescape. Juneteenth is a special day that commemorates the end of slavery in the United States, and it’s a great opportunity to honor our ancestors and celebrate our culture and heritage. Here are some tips on how to create a beautiful and meaningful tablescape for this occasion.
HOW TO SET A JUNETEENTH TABLESCAPE
– Start with trying to incorporate some red, black, and green in your table. These are the colors of the Pan-African flag, and they represent the blood, skin, and land of African people. You can use a white tablecloth as a base and add red, black, and green runners or placemats.
– Choose dishes and utensils that have some history or significance to you. For example, you can use vintage china that belonged to your grandparents, or wooden spoons that your relatives carved. You can also mix and match different styles and patterns to create a unique and classy look. I opted to incorporate blue into my tablescapes. I used grapes to serve and the black aspect and red and green are featured in my salad plates.
– Add some candles and flowers to create some ambiance and fragrance. You can use red candles to symbolize the spirit of resilience and courage, or white candles to symbolize peace and hope. You can also use flowers that are native to Africa, such as hibiscus, protea, or marigold, or flowers that have symbolic meanings, such as sunflowers, roses, or lilies.
– Incorporate some elements that reflect your personal or family history. For example, you can display some photos of your ancestors or loved ones who have passed away or some artifacts or memorabilia that tell a story about your heritage. You can also use some books, magazines, or newspapers that feature stories or articles about Juneteenth or African American history.
– Have fun and enjoy the celebration! Remember that Juneteenth is not only a day of remembrance but also a day of joy and gratitude. You can play some music, sing some songs, share some stories, or recite poems that celebrate your culture and identity. You can also serve some delicious food and drinks that are traditional or inspired by African cuisine.
I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful. Let me know in the comments how you plan to celebrate Juneteenth this year. And don’t forget to subscribe to my blog for more tips and ideas on how to live a simple and elegant life. Happy Juneteenth!
SHOP MY LOOK AND TABLE