Quick notes I used roaster and instapot for the recipe. It can be done completely in instapot just adjust all instructions to instapot and the cook time in instapot is 2 hours if you want them fall off the bone tender.
- 3 lb oxtails
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp sea salt
- 2 tsp browning sauce
- 1 tsp all spice
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 C beef broth
- 22 oz onion and pepper mix (picsweet, bag)
- 1/2 bag baby carrots
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Rinse oxtails with water and vinegar pat dry and set aside.
- Mix the next 8 ingredients together in a bowl and then cover oxtails completely with this mix.
- Place 2 Tbsp of olive in a roaster add seasoned oxtails and sear on both sides. Turn off heat.
- Next remove oxtails and deglaze roaster with beef broth. Then add picsweet, pepper, and baby carrots.
- Add back the oxtails and place top on roaster and cook at 300 degrees for 3 hours.
- Next move mixture to instapot add 1 cup of Red Hot Sweet Chili mix well and cook for 60 minutes.
- Remove the veggies and oxtails and in cornstarch slurry (simply mix water and cornstarch together in a separate small bowl) cook for 3 minutes.
- Add back veggies and oxtails and service over rice or beans.
This post contains affiliate links.