Slow Braised Oxtails
Quick notes I used roaster and instant pot for the recipe. It can be done completely in an instant pot just adjust all instructions to instant pot and the cook time in instant pot is 2 hours if you want them fall off the bone tender.
Servings: 5 servings
- 3 lb oxtails
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp sea salt
- 2 tsp browning sauce
- 1 tsp all spice
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 C beef broth
- 22 oz onion and pepper mix picsweet, bag
- 1/2 bag baby carrots
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Rinse oxtails with water and vinegar pat dry and set aside.
- Mix the next 8 ingredients together in a bowl and then cover oxtails completely with this mix.
- Place 2 Tbsp of olive in a roaster add seasoned oxtails and sear on both sides. Turn off heat.
- Next remove oxtails and deglaze roaster with beef broth. Then add picsweet, pepper, and baby carrots.
- Add back the oxtails and place top on roaster and cook at 300 degrees for 3 hours.
- Next move mixture to instapot add 1 cup of Red Hot Sweet Chili mix well and cook for 60 minutes.
- Remove the veggies and oxtails and in cornstarch slurry (simply mix water and cornstarch together in a separate small bowl) cook for 3 minutes.
- Add back veggies and oxtails and service over rice or beans.