This is the only lobster tail recipe you will ever need, and it is super easy. The meat is super tender and juicy. Dunk it in the special lemon butter sauce, and you’re in heaven. We love using live Main Lobster tails that we get from our local fish market anytime we cook lobster.
LOBSTER TAIL TOPPED WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE
FUN FACT ABOUT ME: I don’t eat seafood, and no, I’m not allergic. Nonetheless, I can cook it up.
When I think of lobsters, I typically use them only to reserve them for special occasions, but now that I have this recipe down the pack, we cook them all the time. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare this feast at home and less than eating it at a fine restaurant.
DIFFERENT WAYS TO COOK LOBSTER TAILS
- Boiled: For the easiest and simplest way to cook lobster, boiling is the way to go. Boil water in a large pot, and the lobster tails soak in and boil for minutes. Sometimes the lobster is not quite as tasty, though, and doesn’t have that rich buttery herb flavor attached to it compared to other ways of cooking.
- Grilled: If you love to grill, this is for you! Simply add the lobster tails to your grill and let the heat cook the tails evenly and quickly.
- Broiled: This is my go-to way. It is quick, easy, and simple broiled on high heat and up close to the top of the over. This makes a tender lobster tail every time.
- Baked: Very similar to broiling except under average heat and extra cooking time.
PREPARING THE BEST LOBSTER TAILS EVER
I used a combination of boiling and broiling for our tails.
For this recipe, I used lemons from Europe, and they made a great citrus addition to the flavor profile. I love how fragrant these lemons are, you guys. The scent permeated the whole house when I received them and opened the container.
This recipe is inspired by my BBQ Salmon, and my son and husband absolutely love it.
Be sure to check out the video recipe below for a step-by-step guide on how to prepare this dish.
The Best Lobster Tail Recipe Ever!
Learn how to make the BEST lobster tails that are tender, succulent, and have the perfect amount of garlic lemon butter sauce. You can make these elegant and classy lobster tails in under 20 minutes!
- 2 lobsters/lobster tails 4-5 oz each
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, very finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 lemons
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
Parboil lobster(s) or lobster tail (s) in boiling water that has already been seasoned with salt and old bay seasoning for 3-4 minutes.
Remove from heat and place in an ice bath immediately.
Preheat the oven to broil.
In a small bowl, stir together parsley, garlic cloves, mustard, salt, pepper, and olive oil, and add the juice of 1 squeezed lemon.
Place the butterflied lobster(s) on a baking sheet and top with the marinade. Add cut butter to lobster tails.
Cook for 3-4 minutes, basting occasionally. (check temperature to make sure it registers 145 degrees.
Remove immediately and top with parsley and lemon butter sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 513Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 290mgSodium: 1097mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 38g