Greetings! I made this margarita last weekend and when my husband said it was the best drink he has had next to the Blood Orange Old Fashioned with Whistlepig and Luxardo cherries from Stabs you know I had to share the recipe with you.
I’m typically a fruity and cute drink lover and he is totally the opposite. Oh but with this drink our flavor profiles finally aligned. The hints of watermelon help calm the jalapeno and tequila, oh but you still know they are there! Trust me.
We haven’t been to a restaurant for take-out or dine-in since March of this year…we have definitely been missing our fancy drinks from some of our favorite mixologists. Since we are still social distancing I will have to continue with the bar duties.
If you aren’t a fan of spicy drinks then you can ditch the jalapeños and they’re just as delicious. Cheers!
RECIPE TIPS: Use fresh watermelon
We used Triple Sec other options are Cointreau, Combier, Pierre Ferrand Curaçao, and Grand Marnier (any orange liqueur)
Whose’s joining us on the patio tonight?? Omniley
Pillows and tray: InkFlow Art
Jalapeno Watermelon Margarita
- 3 cups pureed watermelon
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 2 teaspoons Turbinado sugar
- 2 jalapenos seeded and sliced
- 2 limes thinly sliced
- * Coarse sea salt optional
- Puree 3 cups of watermelon in blender.
- In a large pitcher add all the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Press some of the jalapenos against the side of the pitcher to release some of their spiciness.
- Let the margarita chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, stir before serving and pour over ice.
- Optional: rim your glasses with sea salt and sugar