Greetings. I hope everyone is staying safe. I’m so ready for the fall and I am in full swing of putting up fall decor. I’m sharing with you all today my All-Star Homemade French Fries recipe. I think I have cooked these at least once a week since the pandemic and shared on my other channels. This recipe definitely deserves its own spot here on my blog. All of my family members love them when I serve them, so I am happy to be sharing with you all today. A couple of things I have changed over the years with my homemade fries is what I think is the game changer–leaving the skin on, self-rising flour, and flaky sea salt. Leaving the skin and the self-rising flour have taken the crunch factor to another level. I also love to add flaky sea salt as soon as they come out of the oil. You will see later I hand cut my fries everything is that love or just plain crazy. You tell me?
Belle’s Tip: Leave the skin on the potato; Just scrub the skin well with warm water.
Belle's Homemade French Fries
- 2-3 Jumbo Russet Potatoes
- 2 C Self Rising Flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Canola Oil for frying
- Cut potatoes and let soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and let drain.
- Season cut fries with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix flour and cornstarch together and then coat cut season cut potatoes with the flour mixture.
- Fry for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oil and place on top of cooking rack on cookie sheet (place paper towel under rack. Then sprinkle with coarse sea salt lightly.