As the leaves start to change color and fall from their branches, it signals another season has arrived. The days are cooling down, kids are back in school, and the daylight hours are getting shorter—all signs that it’s time for a fall wardrobe refresh!
Fall is one of my favorite times because it means getting cozy with layers and indulging in some seasonal favorites. If you haven’t already started planning your fall wardrobe, now is the time.
Here are some of my favorite fall wardrobe essentials for work and play:
Fall Wardrobe Workwear
1. A blazer. You can never go wrong with a classic black or navy blazer. Pair it with jeans and a button-up for a casual Friday look, or dress it up with slacks and heels for any formal occasion.
2. A cardigan. This is my favorite fall layering piece because it can be worn over anything, even a suit jacket! I love how versatile they are—you can tie them around your waist or wear them open with a blouse and pencil skirt for work or with jeans and boots for play.
3. A blouse. A good blouse is an essential piece that can be paired with anything! It’s the perfect top to wear under your blazer, or you can pair it with a pencil skirt for work or jeans and boots for play.
4. A trench coat. You can’t go wrong with a trench coat! It’s the perfect fall layering piece because it will keep you warm and cozy, and it can be worn with anything from jeans to slacks, even a pencil skirt or dressy blouse.
5. A good pair of black pants. Black pants are a wardrobe staple that every woman should have in her closet! You can wear them with a blazer for work or with a blouse and heels for play.
6. A midi skirt. A midi skirt is another essential piece every woman should have in her closet! It’s a great option for work and can be worn with a blazer or sweater. It also looks great with flats, heels, or booties!
Fall Wardrobe Casual Wear
Casual wear is all about versatility, comfort, and style. You don’t want to be limited by your wardrobe when you’re going out with friends or on a date night. Having a variety of casual wear items in your closet will allow you to mix and match them for various combinations that are perfect for any occasion!
1. A pair of jeans. Jeans are an essential item in every woman’s closet because they are so versatile! You can wear them with a t-shirt and sneakers for casual days out on the town, or you can dress them up with heels and jewelry for an elegant look.
2. A pair of casual pants or leggings. Casual pants are great for days when you don’t want to wear jeans but still want something comfortable around the house; however, leggings are great to wear with your favorite t-shirts for lounging around at home or running errands together!
3. A cute top that shows off your figure without being too revealing (especially if you don’t want to show too much skin).
4. A pair of cute shoes that are comfortable and easy to slip on (like flats with a satin bow).
5. A great lounge set. A great lounge set is essential to any woman’s wardrobe. It’s perfect for lounging around the house or running errands.
All in all, there are plenty of outfits that you can pull together for work, whether you’re strutting your stuff to the office or just hitting up happy hour with the girls. The key is to have a little fun with it, and remember that your outerwear, your shoes, and all the accessory pieces are meant to be showstoppers. Have fun with it!
The best way to do this is by wearing things that you feel good in and that make you feel confident. A great pair of shoes can do wonders for your wardrobe, so invest in a few pairs (or more) of stylish pumps or flats that match with everything. Go with black, brown, or nude colors if you want something basic but versatile.
Be sure to check out my FALL TABLESCAPE!
Shop all my favorite fall shoes below!
Shop all my favorites below!