This post contains affiliate links.
Yellow Corn Grits
Grits, a quintessentially Southern staple, made from stone-ground corn can become the backbone for so many dishes
Servings: 6 people
- Grill 2 ears of corn on the cob. Remove grill kernels and set to the side.
- Bring water, heavy cream, and chicken broth to a boil.
- Add salt and chicken bouillon and stir well.
- Slowly whisk in grits and cook on simmer for 8-10 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Add in white pepper, paprika, garlic powder and stir well.
- Next add hot sauce and stir.
- Add the grilled kernels of corn.
- Remove from heat and add stick of butter; Cover to allow butter to melt. Serve immediately.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.002g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 903mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 722IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg