This post contains affiliate links.
Yellow Corn Grits
Grits, a quintessentially Southern staple, made from stone-ground corn can become the backbone for so many dishes
Servings: 6 people
- 2 corn on the cob fresh, ears
- 2 C water
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1 C chicken broth
- 1 tsp chicken granulated bouillon
- 1 C yellow corn grits
- 0.5 Tbsp salt
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp red hot sauce
- 1 stick butter salted
- Grill 2 ears of corn on the cob. Remove grill kernels and set to the side.
- Bring water, heavy cream, and chicken broth to a boil.
- Add salt and chicken bouillon and stir well.
- Slowly whisk in grits and cook on simmer for 8-10 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Add in white pepper, paprika, garlic powder and stir well.
- Next add hot sauce and stir.
- Add the grilled kernels of corn.
- Remove from heat and add stick of butter; Cover to allow butter to melt. Serve immediately.