Season Greetings. I hope you are in the final stretch of your Christmas shopping and decorating. This year it is very difficult to locate ornaments for my final two trees. I’m hoping this is a sign that everyone is enjoying the season by decorating. Traditions are very important to my family so today I decided to share my Holiday Milk Punch with you. I normally make this cocktail at least once during the holiday season. I love a creamy cocktail and this one checks all the boxes of richness and creaminess.
One of the key ingredients in classic milk punch is bourbon. I have grown quite fond of bourbon lately and I enjoy trying new varieties. Today’s cocktail features Jefferson’s Reserve bourbon.
As I stated early this cocktail has become a tradition of mine for the holidays and this is the first time I’ve made it in a single serving and I realized I should have been all along. It keeps the favorite profile and all the nutty and woody hints remain intact.
I hope this post brings you a little holiday cheer. If you decide to try the recipe please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Be Well-Omniley
View this post on Instagram
- cocktail shaker
- 4 oz milk
- 2 1/2 oz half and half
- 2 1/2 oz bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp powdered sugar
- nutmeg, for garnish
- 2 candy cane, for garnish
- lindt peppermint chocolate, shavings for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in milk, half-and-half, vanilla, and bourbon. Then add powdered sugar.
- Close shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain cocktail into a goblet glass. Garnish with nutmeg and shaved chocolate. Finally and candy cane and serve.