Perfect for topping steaks or hamburger steaks.
Servings: 2 people
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 2 yellow onions sliced
- 1 pint mushrooms washed and sliced
- ¼ c beef broth
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1 Tbsp of EVOO, 2 yellow onions-sliced, salt and pepper to taste sauté on low for 10-12 minutes stir frequently.
- Add beef broth to moisten. Once the onions are softened add 1 Tbsp of white sugar and turn up heat for 1 minutes stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Add in remaining beef broth and cook on low-med heat for 5 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and cook for 2 additional minutes. Cut heat off; add in 2 Tbsp of butter additional salt and pepper if needed and stir well. Serve over meat of choice.