Did you make any resolutions this year that had to do with taking better care of yourself? While I don’t do resolutions, I definitely made a commitment to focus on myself more and that includes taking care of my body.
How am I doing that? I’m back at the gym like I never left it and I am eating better. I started back with my overnight oats; I forgot how nourishing and easy of a breakfast option they are. So it’s a must that I share it with you all today.
One of the great things about overnight oats is that you can get super creative with your ingredients. Today I’ll be sharing with you my take on Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats. If you follow me on Instagram you know I recently partnered with Dannon’s Light and Fit and found myself with some extra Greek yogurt on my hand and I thought to myself??? You guessed it right I’m using Lemon Cream Greek yogurt in my overnight oats. This is some next-level deliciousness, you guys.
You only need a few staple ingredients to make overnight oats.
- Oats. Make sure you are using rolled or old-fashioned oats. Please don’t use instant oats-epic fail!
- Almond milk. Any milk of choice will work here guys.
- Yogurt. Please don’t skip this one-these makes your oats oh so creamy.
- Sweetener. I use maple syrup or honey-whichever I have on hand at the time.
- Fruit. Whatever you are in the mood for will work well.
- Nut butter. I love Smuckers Organics Chunky Peanut Butter.
The great debates when it comes to overnight oats…
Will you eat your oats cold or hot? I myself like to heat mine up-so so good!
Are you topping or not? If you choose to add toppings the possibilities are endless. Coconut, granola, peanut butter, almond butter, trail mix, or anything you like.
Be sure to let me know if you try this recipe or any combination by leaving me a comment below. Be Well-Omniley
View this post on Instagram
These Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats are a nourishing and easy breakfast. Make them ahead of time for a quick and easy treat.
- 1/2 C old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 C almond milk, plain, unsweetened
- 1/3 C Lemon, greek yogurt
- 1/4 C blueberries
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
1. Mix together all ingredients and give them a stir. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
2. In the morning, place in the microwave for 1 minute or you can eat cold. Add toppings of your choice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.