Greetings! I hope this post finds you well! ‘Tis the season to be Jolly. Hopefully, by now you have your Christmas tree up, if not I’m not judging. In our home, we are on tree number three and I think it’s going to take all of us to decorate this one. I’m so grateful for my son he held a tree for me at work and was so adamant about me seeing it immediately. Once I laid eyes on it it was at that point I knew he knew my style to the tee. I was one proud momma. I was unique in its own special way and seems as if it would fit in the spot perfectly. Once they loaded it in the truck I started to think it wouldn’t fit through the door. I dare not tell him; thankful to God it fits perfect.
Typically we try to decorate the main tree together while watching a movie and drinking hot chocolate, but the cooler weather disappeared so today I’m going for Frozen Hot Chocolate. I know an oxymoron right…
While if you’ve ever watched Hallmark Christmas movies you would get it! Last week I tested a recipe out to see what all the talk was about and you can guess it was so delicious. So I’m happy to share my spin on frozen hot chocolate.
View this post on Instagram
I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe, and as always thank you for following me on my journey. Where would I be without you… Please leave me a like, comment, or you can even share the recipe on Facebook or Pinterest. Happy Holidays-Omniley
Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa mix
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 3 C ice
- 3 oz bourbon, optional
- Whipped Cream, optional
- 1/2 C marshmallows, optional
- 1. Chopped to chocolate and place in microwave(reserve a small piece if you will be shaving for topping); check every 20 second increments. Once melted stir in sugar, then hot chocolate. Let cool for 1 minute, then add 1/2 cup of milk and mix well.
- Place ice, remaining milk, bourbon(optional), and chocolate mixture in blender. Pulse 4-5 times until you have the consistency you like.
- Serve immediately and top with topping of your choice.