What is a celebration without a signature punch? I was in the mood for a cocktail a few days ago and ended up coming up with a Spoo-tackular drink. If you know my husband and I…you know we love a good Old Fashioned. I added pumpkin butter to my traditional Old Fashioned recipe and I also substituted apple cider for the simple sugar and this ended up being the perfect spin for a traditional fall cocktail. This drink is perfect to serve at any gathering for the fall. It would be an exciting punch to make with kids for sure. Happy Drinking-Omniley
Old Fashioned Pumpkin Punch
- 3 qt apple cider
- 3 c rye whiskey (omit if making mocktails)
- 9 oz pumpkin butter
- 24 oz ginger beer
- 1 tsp orange bitters
- 1 apple, sliced and cored
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Mix together apple cider, rye whiskey, pumpkin butter, and orange bitters. Place in refrigerator and let chill for 2 hours.
- Place ice in punch bowl or beverage dispenser.
- Pour mixture in the bowl/dispenser and top off with ginger beer. Serve punch in glass filled with ice and top with apple slices and cinnamon stick.