One thing I regret is not paying attention to my granny in the kitchen; she was the epitome of a woman. She could cook, clean, sew, and anything else you name it. I remember when she would be in the kitchen cooking I would be too consumed with watching television or doing school work and I would always tell her I’m going to have a maid I don’t need to learn how to cook. Well fast forward 25 years later, I think she would be super proud of me. I don’t have a maid and it took me a couple of years after I got married, but I have learned my way around the kitchen. I even have my mom and aunts calling me for my recipes. They go a little something like this…a pinch of this, oh a little of that or this, etc. (You not getting all of my secrets?)
I truly believe cooking comes from the heart and I can’t lie there are days when I hate cooking (especially when I’ve been traveling for work), but those days when I’m in my element–watch out.
As a traveling RN, I typically travel 3 to 4 days/week with 1 to 2 overnights /week. I love to prepare meals I can cook in the oven or my InstaPot it makes life so much easier and these meals make great leftovers. Here is one of my favorite go-to meals to start a busy work week.
*clicks on this website may result in commission to owner.
Slow Braised Beef Ribs
- 4-5 Pounds Beef Ribs choice of ribs
- 3 Cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1/4 Cup C Stubbs BBQ Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp Tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 Bag of Onion/Pepper Mix
- 1 bottle of BBQ sauce of your choice I opted for Great Value Asian Sweet Chili
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Place ribs in roasting pan or any large pan. Coat ribs with liquid smoke. Season with BBQ seasoning rub, then add the dressing over the top of ribs.
- Pour full bag of Onion/Pepper mix over ribs. Let sit for ~30 minutes.
- Place in preheated over for 5-6 hours.
- During the last 15 minutes remove foil or top, brush with BBQ sauce of your choice and raise temperature to 425°.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting. Great to serve with salad and pasta. Enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!