This is perfect for a date night or fun evening treat. Using sugar-free options makes this a guilt-free treat to enough.
- trifle bowl
- electric mixer
- 1 c almond milk, unsweetened
- 8 oz sour cream
- 3.4 oz vanilla pudding, sugar-free instant
- 1 pre-made, angel food cake, cubed sugar-free
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 c whipped cream, sugar-free
- 1 pt fresh strawberries, sliced
- orange zest
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange zest on low speed until thickened.
- In separate bowl beat the heavy whipping cream until it doubles and then fold into milk mixture.
- Place sliced strawberries in Ziploc bag; add 1 tbsp of lemon juices and coat strawberries well.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Place strawberries around sides of bowl and over cake; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layer once . Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Top with a few spoons of whipped cream and remaining berries prior to serving.
This can be also made as single serving using individual serving vessels.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!